Scholarship Award Procedures and Administration
The Ohio State Alumni Club of Nashville offers two types of scholarship awards annually: The Lynne Murray Stockwell Scholarship and The Freshman Scholarship. These scholarships are available thanks to the hard work of our club members, the generosity of our donors and many Buckeye fans and alumni. Our club is proud to provide scholarships to students in the club area who are accepted at Ohio State and are committed to attend the university. Students from the club area may be awarded scholarship money based on the following criteria:
- Preferably be admitted to the University.
- Record of participation in school, community, extracurricular activities, and academic merit.
- Quality of answers to several essay questions.
- A personal interview with our local Scholarship Committee.
Click here to find the Ohio State Alumni Club of Nashville scholarship listing. The chart of clubs and application links will be open from November 1, 2019 until February 1, 2020.
The Lynne Murray Stockwell Scholarship (Fund 646980)
The Stockwell Scholarship goes to the highest ranked applicant each year. Currently, the award amount is $2,000 and renewable for four years. All disbursement of funds to the student’s account and monitoring of satisfactory academic performance are administered by the University.
The Middle Tennessee Scholarship (Fund 315097)
One or more Middle Tennessee Club Scholarship Awards are made each fall. The award is completely funded by the Middle Tennessee Ohio State Alumni Club. The award amount is $1,000 for the freshman year.
Scholarship Funding Sources
- Member donations to the club for one or both scholarships
- donations directly to the Ohio State Development Office designated for the Stockwell Fund #646980 or the Freshman Fund #315097
- Club member dues received (80-90% of dues received each year go to the scholarship funds)
- Weekly sale or drawings during game watches for the club’s two season football tickets. Past club donations to Ohio State has accredited the club as a President Club Member eligible to buy two season tickets each year
- Other silent auctions and sale of donated items during game watches
How to donate to the Club’s Scholarship Program
You can send a donation to either the Ohio State Development office, or send a check to our local club. The Ohio State Alumni Club of Middle Tennessee is a tax exempt, nonprofit corporation so your gifts are tax deductible.
Ohio State Development Office Ohio State Club
1480 West Lane Avenue
Columbus, OH 43221
The Ohio State Club of Middle Tennessee
8212 Wikle Road East
Brentwood, TN 37027